Monday, October 15, 2007

On the way

Listening to the words of death can fill anybody with fear, especially when someone is talking to chop your body parts off. Same fear ran through my fibres some days ago. Anything, with ability to move, would have gone off comprehending the notion of tools and machines placed aside, but my destiny, as presaged by nature, was paved in suffering. My base could not move an inch and I had to restrain the pain of mutilation.

The summer sun was shining intensely behind gray clouds when they brought machines to build asphalt-concrete road. There was rain sometimes, in recent days, which nurtured us with potential water. But that day I heard someone saying that they would have to cut us because we were coming in the way of their master plan.

And so they started their job. It would have been much easier if they had used chainsaw and cut off from my base but they gave me a painful treat. They started axing from the higher branches where the birds had weaved their nests but the leaves gave up and fell down and the birds had flown because they had wings. Next they chose more dense arms where the squirrels made their holes. The squirrels had scurried away because they had legs. Then finally they did my body. Each strike gave me a severe shudder, and that made me more and more detesting them. I wished I should not have produced fruits, shadows and even oxygen for them. But I was helpless because it was our destiny or duty; to live our life to provide others a life, even if they don’t care about us or environment.

I was almost dead but three days ago nature said she did not overlook us. She felt the pain which made her cry all night.

The asphalt surface is shining now as new developed things should, while the vehicles run over it at the constant speed towards their destination. And a sprout of life bloomed again on my body.


On Blog Action Day.

10 reviews. Post your review.:

dreamy said...

Oh, God.
I have read a thousand million blogs, and glanced through a another thousand billion.

Never has a blog post touched me so much, as this.

I am just very lucky.

Angry Voices said...

You've outdone yourself. Superb chief.

chrome3d said...

You have dark stories, so I voted for the option "Old one was more appealing". OD´s and mutilation... keep the black one not sky blue! I liked the ending that there was hope and new life will come.

Unknown said...

Hi there well this time the choice of words was not as precise as was in the previous posts , this last post of your's is to be honest the least moving of the lot and yeah the previous posts were indeed moving. Any way keep it up .

Llama said...

Reminded me of this movie I'd seen on "On the Lot". The theme was horror, and this woman-director came up with a horror movie from the perspective of a tree that was being cut. The movie wasn't too horrifying though. Identifying with the tree was difficult.

But that was not the case with this post. Good one for Blog Action Day. :)

Anonymous said...

i hope our princi reads yr post!!

Ritwika said...

Liked this one. Though, I don't think not mentioning the oxygen and the other benefits would have done much harm. Overall, though, really nice.
=_=

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

".....we were coming in the way of their master plan....."...eh eh??

pretty deep!!

Unknown said...

I like your post.This is very unique.Thanks for share.
IAS Coaching In Jaipur

Unknown said...

Very nice post.
Candid photographers in jaipur