Saturday, September 01, 2007

Start or end of it.

Date:- January 24, 2006.

Now is the time to say what I wanted to for a long time. For some months, I have caught a bug of likeness for you. It is like a dew which grows continuously on the petal of freshly blossomed rose in winter morning. First it started with a crush, which, I believed, would be over like previous ones, but as the time flew, it matured into an obsession, and then a rejoicing affection.

When I look in the sky, the morning birds make impression of your name, and the constellation of stars in the night seems like shape of heart. The dreams are sweet enough to scare the nightmares, and a little thought of you is strong enough to put a curve of smile on my face. I eagerly wait for you in office, I look at my mobile just to check if I got your message, and you might not have noticed but I chat only with you when you are online.

Is this affection? It is, and it may be inappropriate and, I know, people, specially you, would not expect this from me but the fall cannot be controlled, it happens. A person cannot help smelling rose, and bees cannot survive without nectar of flower. I believe I should have said it before, but I was afraid of the denial. However, I cannot live forever having apprehension of failure.

Here is me, expressing the uncontrolled affection for you. My heart says that the affection would be accepted, but the brain contradicts it. It's on you. Start it or end it. And please don't give reasons, because reasons hurt.

Thank You for your priceless time.

Daniel


Simplest of responses like NO may shatter all the dreams, he thought. And the pot of emotions erupted in uncontrolled gushes of tears. He read that e-mail in iterations as if it would change NO into affirmation. But the reality speaks itself. It presents one with anticipating curiosity and dumps souls, like Daniel, instantly in hands of nocturnal depressions. The night would be going to be long, the half-moon would have a company of twinkling stars, and Daniel would wait for the next sunrise...

5 reviews. Post your review.:

Unknown said...

Tum shayar to nahi, magar ek mere dost.. tumne jo likha, woh shayari sai kum nahi.....

dreamy said...

wow!

Angry Voices said...

Perhaps there were such things as hope. Perhaps there were such things as aspirations.

Perhaps there are such things as starting afresh.

And very well written :)

Karthik Balasubramanian said...

total killer..

Ritwika said...

Nice. A few grammatical errors. They're fine actually, until they eat into the flow of reading.

I like the presentation. The theme is more or less familiar, so is the story. But your presentation of both is new and creative. Good.

Just one thing, though, you tend to get verbose once in a while, try to restrict that.